New York Christmas Charities

My name is Dee and I'm a single mother of four amazing children. Three months ago my husband of 19 years walked out on us for another woman. I was left with no means to support the children. I'm in full time school for medical billing at Bradford Hall. Due to him leaving we lost our home and we are now in a shelter. I had to go down to the department of Social Services.

I am hoping that there is an organization that can help me make sure Santa comes to our home. I'm running out of time and I'm hurting. I can't imagine waking up Christmas morning with nothing under the tree. Please anything will help, even prayers. Thank you and God bless.

By Donna S from Sayville, NY

Best Answer

http://www.uwnys.org/

Check this -- it is the New York United Way website. You should be able to find help here.

Best Answer

You can get help from Catholic charities, salvation army,Toys for tots, St vicent de paul, Most churches.

All you have to do is apply for the help and let them know what you need.

Best Answer

Contact your local welfare office and apply for food stamps, medicaid and cash assistance. Your local housing authority can help with shelter costs and United Way is a clearing house for all charitable agencies in your area. Contact these agencies to see if you are eligible for these programs if you haven't already.

Try Catholic charities and/ or your own church, if you have one. They usually can help in emergency situations. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New York Christmas Charities
Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesDecember 7, 2010
Michigan Christmas Charities
New Jersey Christmas Charities
New Hampshire Christmas Charities
New Mexico Christmas Charities
🎄