Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen Light Green Tile and Oak Cabinets

I have a very small kitchen, 10X12. The existing tile, which cannot be replaced due to lack of funds, is light green, almost a celery color green. The counter tops are white (from the 70s) with light green, yellow, and tan patterns. The cabinets (from 60s) are a medium oak. Floor is tan and beige marble design. There are white appliances. I am on an extremely strict budget, only enough for a can or 2 of paint so I need to know what color paint would go with this hodge podge. I only need to paint one wall with a window and the portion above the cabinets and beside the fridge, the rest is tile. I am not crazy about bold colors. I'm old. :) Any suggestions? I don't have a scanner or whatever it takes to add a photo. Sorry!

By Arjay from Huntsville, AL

Some towns have recyling centers where one can get free or almost free paint. That could be a cost help.

I would paint walls a durable antique white. A glaring white would clash with

the beige and tan's, but a nice crisp white should make everything pop. By durable I mean latex enamel, so it can stand scrubbing. The celery color sounds nice, in fact it's an in color right now. So are the beige and tans. They are calling them warm grey's. It's all in the name isn't it.

Get paint samples made to your custom color. I would go with the red, yellow, green theme. paint the walls the same as the majority of the countertop or the majority of the floor, but not darker than the overall feel of either.

accent with a russet color.

Why not rather consider painting the tiles? Maybe painting them tan to fit with the floor and counter tops. It could add a lot of warmth to the kitchen. There are many how-to articles on the internet that can teach one how to do this.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! :-) Hope we will be able to see a picture of the new kitchen.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenMay 17, 2011
Tiled Kitchen Wall
Kitchen Wall Tile Color Advice
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets