DishwasherAppliances

Dishwasher Not Running Hot Water

My dishwasher isn't running hot water. Any suggestions on how to get the hot water back?

Taylorh2 from Colorado

BUMP.

Can anyone help?

Dishwashers use either the water as it is from your hot water system or it can have an additional heater inside dishwasher. If the heater inside your dishwasher is not working (they do wear out) it has to be replaced. It's something like an electric burner on stovetop. I think it "plugs in" someplace. I had to have one replaced once but I didn't do it myself. So that's all I know.

Do you still have hot water at your kitchen sink? Is there hot water in other parts of your house? If the answer is YES, then you probably have a heater element inside your dishwasher that needs replacing.

Some kitchen appliances, such as Whirlpool have a 1-800 telephone number that you can call to ask questions just like this one.

The person who answers the phone has been trained to trouble shoot your problem before you have to call a repairman.

If your hubby is handy, and it is the heat element, he might be able to install a new one himself. Be sure to have the model numbers, and the other information right there with you so the operator can help you in a hurry!

Lots of luck with this

I had that problem earlier this year, turns out to be that I needed a new faucet. Hope this helps.