Garden: Squirrels Eating Sunflowers

Looking for an really good treat for your squirrel friends? Plant Sunflowers, they LOVE them!

My plant was sooo pretty before this little guy discovered it, now it is just green with empty stems!

By Mary Lou from Maryland

Squirrels Eating Sunflowers

My squirrels are eating my green beans in my garden.

Personally animals are more important to me than vegetation.

My grammy has been feeding the same squirrel for at least two years. She gives it a small handful of peanuts in the shell daily, or some sunflower seeds in the shell. The squirrel lives in one of the bird houses. For one winter it found an old t-shirt & dragged it up there, worked very hard to get it inside the birdhouse. It was funny to watch. Unbelieveable how long it worked on that task! (we humans could take a hint from that). That was the nesting material. 'His' name is now "Magoo" and I swear he comes when she calls &/or when she makes clicking sounds while setting out his treats.

Photos GardenAugust 5, 2008
Growing Sunflowers
Growing Sunflowers
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Growing Sunflowers in Containers
Growing Sunflowers in Containers
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
🎄
🍂