Cut Out Sewing Patterns When Watching TV

I like to sew, so to save time I cut out my patterns apart while watching television at night. When I am ready to sew, they are all set to lay out and cut.

By Lorraine from Minnetonka, MN

I rented a DVR from my cable company so I record all of my sewing, painting, quilting & craft shows. I then play them pack while I cut my patterns out.... (My favorite is the show "Sewing with Nancy" on ch 9) ...I also choose special programs that I don't need to watch & can just listen to (like 60 minutes) to play back while I clean house. When I DO spend time watching TV, I always crochet or knit... This way I don't feel like I'm wasting my time watching the "boob-tube" (We have so little time anyway!)

* One more hint: You can Google your local National Public Radio (NPR) & go to their web site & either listen live or download many past shows. This way you can "pick & choose" what you are interested in WITHOUT the commercials. I also pay $6.50 per month for "stream-liink" to listen to the past 3 months of Coast to Coast AM... (a late-night talk show about the paranormal & conspiracies that used to be hosted by Art Bell) It's a gas & takes my mind off of the house cleaning! .... I also have a radio in my sewing/craft area & listen to the BBC & other news-talk shows as I sew & iron my fabric... This way I can catch up on the daily news from around the world while I sew & have fun!

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingJanuary 25, 2008
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Using Sewing Machine
Tips for Using Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Pattern
Finding Vintage Sewing Patterns