Share Crafts

Magazine Gift Bows

Magazine Gift Bow

Create a package bow from a colorful magazine page. A great way to recycle your magazines and will work for any occasion.

Approximate Time: About 30 minutes

• magazine page
  • ruler
  • ink pen
  • scissors
  • stapler and staples
  • glue dots or hot glue gun and glue sticks

Cut a magazine page lengthwise into 9 strips that are 3/4 and wide. Leave 3 of the strips full length. Cut one inch off 3 of the strips. Cut two inches off 2 of the strips. Cut the last strip down to 3 1/2 and long. Twist each strip to form a loop at both ends and staple it in the center (see photo). Magazine Gift Bow

Shape the last, short strip into a circle and secure it with a glue dot or hot glue. Layer the 3 longest pieces on top of each other, spacing them evenly and securing each with a glue dot or hot glue. Add the next two groups of pieces, doing the same. And finally, glue the loop into the center. Magazine Gift Bow Magazine Gift Bow

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

By Linda 1 12/26/2009

This is brilliant!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Elaine 173 890 09/09/2010

Thanks for that! You could use regular ribbon too and make them larger even.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By mrscrafty 1 8 11/15/2010

I think I'm going to make these to use on gifts for my annual Christmas party! Thanks for the great idea!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment