Faster Nail and Hair Growth

What oils make hair and fingernails grow faster?

By Sethy

I can't say anything about hair because due to age and some medications I am taking, my hair is thinning out. However, I take several doctor ordered over the counter supplements and my nails grow really fast.

I've currently been growing out my hair for almost a year, and these steps really work. This is what I've done and I hope some of these things work for you. :)

Hair normally grows about half an inch per month. So if your looking to grow it three inches, it will take six months. Six inches will take a year. But this can really speed up the process.

1. Minimize using heat on hair. Heat + hair = split ends. It doesn't mean you can't use heat, it just means to use less of it. Instead of blow drying hair on high heat, try medium. Instead of straightening it every day, curl your hair with braids or by scrunching.

2. Hair vitamins work miracles. So does anything with bioton. And anything made especially for hair, skin, or nails. You can find these at your local health store. Just tell one of the women who are working there, you are looking for a vitamin that promotes hair growth and strengthens hair. And they will help you find what you are looking for. Not only do these help with hair, but they make your nails grow faster and stronger and they clear your skin. Hence, hair, skin and nails. :)

3. Massaging your scalp for 15 minutes a day stimulates blood flow and helps hair grow faster. Just take your fingers and give yourself a scalp message. Feels great too.

4. Use a hair mask about once a week to deep condition hair. Doesn't have to be expensive. V05 has one for just $3.99 and it works great. A hot oil treatment works great too.

5. Get your hair cut every six to eight weeks, and just get your hair stylist to remove your split ends. Doing this won't stop hair growth, doing so will stop your hair from splitting farther up and having to get more cut off. Just let your stylist know that you want to grow it out and only want the very dead ends taken off.

6. And most importantly, drink water! Lots of it! Eating well is also important. Make sure you are eating enough fish, salmon, and lentils. Fruits and vegetables are also good foods which keep you and your hair healthy. Its not so much on what you put on your hair, but what you put in your body. If your eating a well balanced diet, your hair should be silky, shiny and most of all, healthy as well.

And if your someone like me who had to go through that "awkward" faze in growing out hair, and finally giving up and chopping it all off, go to your hair stylist and tell her your frustrated and you are trying to grow it out. Hair dressers have excellent ways in cutting very little off your hair and really giving you a great shape so it can still grow out and look good while doing so.

I have always had healthy but fine hair, and then began noticing my hair was thinning out to much, my skin began to give me problems & as much as I took care of my nails, they began to break constantly. It turned out I had hypothyroidism and even with treatment. Ive not been the same. So rather than getting disgusted with myself, I began getting my hair & nails done more often & there has been an big big difference for the better. So my point is, it may & can be health or diet related, even the medications you take can do it to you. Either way take time to pamper yourself, because as we all know if we look good we feel good.

Have A Good One.

I had to have my head shaved due to cranial aneurysm surgery in 06/2003. I take Vitamin E, Vitamin D and Gelatin. My hair is down to the top of my butt! I also get regular trims. Just the ends! Should I mention that I am 51 years young and my hair doesn't grow as fast as it did when I was younger. Good Luck!

I got a tip from my beautician to try prenatal tablets. I am far past the natal stage but she claims its great on growing hair and nails. You can buy prenatal pills in your pharmacy. I am not sure if you have a Krogers Grocery Store there, but that is where I got mine. Hope this works, I guess its worth a try. Good Luck.

Dr. Oz says it's very dangerous for a non-pregnant lady to take prenatals, so I would stay away from them. I was taking them when I heard him say that.

A little over a year ago, all my hair fell out due to a diet (I also have hypothyroidism and am in my 60's). I started using a three step Bosley hair care system (sold at nicer salons and online) and taking 1,000 MG of Biotin daily. Now my hair is thicker than it has been in many years. I am very, very pleased with this and highly recommend it for anyone who is losing hair.

I find that if I keep my nails polished that they grow longer. I suppose that the polish strengthens them.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I don't believe any of this. I think you can make your hair and nails healthier if you are deficient in some vitamins or have had health problems, but I don't believe you can make hair or nails grow any faster no matter what you do.

A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsJune 23, 2011
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
African American Woman with hands in her long natural hair
Growing Hair Naturally
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Young bald girl smiling
Growing Hair After Chemotherapy