RefrigeratorAppliances

Repairing an RV Refrigerator

I'm a new RV'er with a Class C Winnebago Outlook. My problem is my refrigerator. It worked fine for a couple of months but stopped working and flashed a five-dot code. When I looked it up on the internet, I discovered that the five flashes meant I had to get to the control board and cross-wire it to reset it. Where is the control board? Do I have to take the fridge out of it's little nitch? I think I can restart it, if not I'll have to find a mechanic for it. Thanks in advance!

By AuntyC from Anderson, MO

Answers

We have a 1977 5th wheel. Our fridge went bad and we pulled ours out and put in another one. But when we had it out, we noticed there is a vent behind it. You can look for a vent and take the screws out and see if that control board is back there.

Another idea is to call Camping World. They may be able to just talk you through it without bringing it in to them. If it's something they cannot talk you through, I would suggest taking it in to them. Maybe it's still under warranty? Maybe it's an easy fix? Let me know what happens. Good luck! Misty :)