Cherry Stains on Clothing

I want to know how to remove a cherry stain on my shirt.

By Sumiah from UK

Best Answer

Boiling water. Just pour on cherry juice and like magic the stain disappears.

Recently someone on this site recommended Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, the original blue one, for stains.

If I remember correctly, I don't think she gave exact amounts, so I took a spray bottle filled it abt. 3/4 with tap water and just squeezed some Dawn into the bottle. Don't know how much, but the water rose in the bottle as I was squeezing the Dawn in. I shake it up and spray on stains. It got out fresh strawberry stains and grape jam stains from white t shirts. This is gross, but it even removed feces marks on white underwear.

Now these are white clothing that I wash in hot water with plenty of bleach anyway. But I have used other stain removers while washing the clothes this way, and the stains have not been removed. It's my new stain remover. Someone recently recommended peroxide for stains and that they removed blood from clothing so you might try that too. I'm using it on yellow deodorant/perspiration stains on white t shirts with not so much luck, even when I soak everything in the washing machine for 2-6 hours. I hate those yellow stains. Will try peroxide on them.

Wishing you good luck!

Anonymous

foe a blood removing if you put soup and wash it with cold water all of it will go

If it's white and a fabric that withstands chlorine bleach, use it. Otherwise, either stretch the stained fabric over a bowl and pour boiling over it or treat it with white vinegar until the stain disappears. Good luck!!

I used a mixture of one-third hydrogen peroxide, one-third clear dish washing liquid, and one-third water to get a cherry stain off my daughter's shirt yesterday. It also works great for many other stains like blood, grass, dirt, etc. I mix it all in a spray bottle and spray the stains really well before I put them in the washer.

I just tried the boiling water for the Cherry Stains. It worked great! I mean Zippo! Found 3 stains and they are gone! Thanks for the tip!

Vinegar! Pulled my day old cherry stains away from the shirt, looks like new!

Boiling water also worked for me, wait a few seconds and where did the cherry stains go? Incidently, right before I tried this, I put my wet cotton skirt out in the sun and it was the cherry stains were disappearing by the sun as well. It was not out in the sun long (5min.) and they already were disappearing. If it had been left out for a couple of hours, it would have been completely gone! What a relief my brand new gorgeous dress saved!

Thank you, the boiling water worked like magic.