Cherry Stains on Clothing

I want to know how to remove a cherry stain on my shirt.

By Sumiah from UK

Best Answer

Boiling water. Just pour on cherry juice and like magic the stain disappears.

Recently someone on this site recommended Dawn Dishwashing Liquid, the original blue one, for stains.

If I remember correctly, I don't think she gave exact amounts, so I took a spray bottle filled it abt. 3/4 with tap water and just squeezed some Dawn into the bottle. Don't know how much, but the water rose in the bottle as I was squeezing the Dawn in. I shake it up and spray on stains. It got out fresh strawberry stains and grape jam stains from white t shirts. This is gross, but it even removed feces marks on white underwear.

Now these are white clothing that I wash in hot water with plenty of bleach anyway. But I have used other stain removers while washing the clothes this way, and the stains have not been removed. It's my new stain remover. Someone recently recommended peroxide for stains and that they removed blood from clothing so you might try that too. I'm using it on yellow deodorant/perspiration stains on white t shirts with not so much luck, even when I soak everything in the washing machine for 2-6 hours. I hate those yellow stains. Will try peroxide on them.

Wishing you good luck!

If it's white and a fabric that withstands chlorine bleach, use it. Otherwise, either stretch the stained fabric over a bowl and pour boiling over it or treat it with white vinegar until the stain disappears. Good luck!!

I used a mixture of one-third hydrogen peroxide, one-third clear dish washing liquid, and one-third water to get a cherry stain off my daughter's shirt yesterday. It also works great for many other stains like blood, grass, dirt, etc. I mix it all in a spray bottle and spray the stains really well before I put them in the washer.

I just tried the boiling water for the Cherry Stains. It worked great! I mean Zippo! Found 3 stains and they are gone! Thanks for the tip!

Vinegar! Pulled my day old cherry stains away from the shirt, looks like new!

Boiling water also worked for me, wait a few seconds and where did the cherry stains go? Incidently, right before I tried this, I put my wet cotton skirt out in the sun and it was the cherry stains were disappearing by the sun as well. It was not out in the sun long (5min.) and they already were disappearing. If it had been left out for a couple of hours, it would have been completely gone! What a relief my brand new gorgeous dress saved!

Thank you, the boiling water worked like magic.

June 21, 2011 Flag

My daughter loves cherries and messes. After leaving the cherry stains to soak into her shirt for a day, I was having a very hard time getting the stains out. I tried the boiling water trick, stain remover, and salt. In the end, I poured vinegar on the stains, rubbed the shirt together and, no more stains!

By swissmiss from Switzerland

Gotta love vinegar. Thank you.

Amazing!!!! I just poured the vinegar directly on the fresh stain and it went away!

August 2, 2008 Flag

I got a cherry stain on a favorite white shirt. What can I use to get the stain out? Thanks!

Kat

Answers:

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Try Oxyclean laundry stain remover. It worked well on pickled beet juice that I got on a yellow shirt. Also, if the fabric will take chlorine bleach, you could soak it in a solution of bleach and water. Good Luck! (07/13/2005)

By Joankay

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Hi,
Fruit stains are easy to get out! Stretch the fabric over a big bowl and pour boiling water over the unwashed stain. It will come out as if by magic and not harm your fabric. Bonne chance! (01/06/2006)

By Lou

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Hi,
I tried the boiling water suggestion on my cherry stain. Worked like a charm! I had used stain remover previously and it didn't work.
Thanks again. Much appreciated. (07/25/2006)

By Eileen

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I got cherry stains on my new lululemon pants, and used boiling water, worked like a charm.(quote (07/31/2006)

By Alicia

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Well I followed my mom's advice and used ice cold water on my cherry stained white skirt- worked perfectly! (08/04/2006)

By Kristi

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Thanks guys! You just saved my favorite shirt! I can attest that boiling water works instantly.
(08/08/2006)

By Jamie

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Boiling water works very well. I couldn't believe my eyes. Thanks! (12/06/2006)

By Leah

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I just tried the boiling water trick and it works instantly!
Thanks (06/12/2007)

By ABP

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I absolutely cannot believe this boiling water worked I was always told hot water sets stains. But the cold water didn't have any effect at all. Thanks so much you just saved my shirt, too! (07/16/2007)

By barbara

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Pouring boiling water does work! (01/28/2008)

By kay

Cherry Stains on Clothing

It does wonder! Hot water saved my jacket. Thanks heaps. (02/04/2008)

By ehns

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Thanks for saving my favorite shirt! Boiling water worked like magic!
(06/01/2008)

By Jennifer

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Thanks so much. The jacket was my mom's and if she new I got cherry stain all over it, shed get really mad. This worked really well, thanks again (06/07/2008)

By Pam

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I just dropped a couple of cherries on my favorite T-shirt and I used liquid stain remover, cold water, soap, and nothing. I almost gave up, and then I pour some LEMON JUICE and it was magical! (06/29/2008)

By cess!!

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Boiling water did absolutely nothing for me!
(07/08/2008)

By jenna

Cherry Stains on Clothing

You saved my day and a beautiful pant set I wore today for the first time! The BOILING WATER DID IT!
Thanks!
Elsie in Queens (07/13/2008)

By Elsie in Queens

None of these worked for my cherry stain. I don't know what the difference is. I did finally try everything but the kitchen sink and the things that reduced the stain the most were the hydrogen peroxide, the lemon juice, and a stain remover called Mary Ellen's "For Those Days" menstrual stain remover. Go figure!

July 13, 2010 Flag

How do I remove cherry stains from a white tee shirt?

Michelle M. from Melbourne, Australia

Answers:

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I tried lemon juice and vinegar - no luck. Boiling water flushed the stain out immediately. (08/05/2008)

By NT

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I tried scrubbing with soapy water, and it didn't even make a dent! Then I tried boiling water...PRESTO! I can't wait for someone else to get cherry stains so I can save the day! (08/17/2008)

By Alia

Cherry Stains on Clothing

I just tried the boiling water on cherry juice that spilled on my wife's blouse. Thank you to whoever recommended it. It came right out. Thank you from both of us. (08/23/2008)

By Dan in Wisconsin

Cherry Stains on Clothing

White Lounge, red cherries and young children. Boiling water worked wonderfully well to remedy a nasty stain. (12/13/2008)

By Hesselson.

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Boiling water worked like magic! (12/17/2008)

By Berndette/ Greensboro

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Boiling water worked perfectly. (01/07/2009)

By dc

Cherry Stains on Clothing

Boiling water works fantastically! Just soak it in boiling water for a while. I dropped a cherry, which rolled down the front of my shirt (huge purple line)! Had a client meeting in two hours and no other clothes. Now just need to find an iron! Thanks (02/12/2009)

By Michael

A mother and daughter picking cherries.
Removing Cherry Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 13, 2010
girl eating watermelon with juice dripping on blouse
Removing Fruit and Vegetable Juice Stains on Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
Photo of cherries hanging on a cherry tree.
Growing Cherries (Cherry Trees)
🎉
🎄