Sweet Potato Puff

Too good to save for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

• 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • Ad
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:

• 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup melted butter

Directions:

Boil the potatoes until done, then mash. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour into a buttered baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes until the topping is lightly browned and crunchy.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

This sounds so good. I'm not sure how I'm going to get the marshmallows into the recipe which my 12 year old grand daughter insists on having on sweet potatoes. Might have to add them in with the topping, but it looks like it might just work.

Thank you for sharing your recipe with Thrifty Fun.

Songwriter

As a rule, I will only use fresh baked sweet potatoes, except when I can buy a big can of them on sale. I can't pass up a good sale on canned goods of most things as we have too many hurricanes when we might just have to be eating canned anything. Even with a good gas grill, the supplies of propane can quickly be used up if we have a big hurricane and lots of people lost power. It's happened too many times to count. I will try your Sweet Potato Puff this weekend since we're having some really young company, and most children really like it since it's a little bit sweet, and I'll be using canned sweet potatoes. It will not be as good as baking my own sweet potatoes, but it'll keep me from having to run to the store.

Thanks for another delicious recipe Barb.

Pookarina

I'm with Julia.I prefer the real deal but buy the can ones on sale to keep on reserve. This sounds so good and in my recipe box.

To"Songwritter" I agree with your grand daughter and I'd just fold them in before putting the mixture into the baking dish.

2 Thumbs up Barb. Thanks for sharing.

Sandie

Sweet Potatoes are always on our holiday tables. They are one of the most versatile of vegetables serving as a savory side dish to a wonderful dessert.

Thank you for this delicious recipe.

Suziq9

Good baked sweet potatoes made into any recipe are a great side dish for us. Sweet potatoes have so much beta carotene so are very good for us too. We were allowed to grow a sweet potato vine in our classroom when I was in the 2nd grade, and it really made an impression on me. Our teacher said it was a good reminder to eat all the beautiful foods.

Love your recipe. Thank you.

HokeyPoke

Food and Recipes Recipes PotatoesJuly 16, 2011
Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet Potato Chip Recipes
Sweet Potato Cake Recipes
Sweet Potato Cake Recipes
Homemade Puff Pastry
Homemade Puff Pastry
Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Puff Recipes
🎄