Alternative Uses for an Old Bath Pouf

What can be done with an old bath pouf?

By Sara

Use it to remove food particles off dirty dishes.

Tie a couple of them onto the end of a long dowel or broom handle, but the lighter the better, and you have a great cobweb grabber. It will scoop up cobwebs and brush off the top of a door frame gently, without smudging. Tap it on an edge of the trash can or outside on a corner of the house or porch, to dislodge the webs. Works great! My mother made these long before poufies, and wrapped the dowel with florists tape and the poufie was just net mesh, not as soft as the poufies, but they would probably still work, and sold them at the church bazaar as Cobweb Catchers. The effect was that of a large fake flower. Cute.

I have one attached to the end of an opened wire hanger, and I use it as a 'sweep' for the lint vent on the clothes dryer.

The hanger is flexible enough to get all the way to the bottom of the vent system, and it gets the lint from the sides, thereby (hopefully) helping to reduce the fire risk. I just run it up and down a few times, then run the dryer on the 'fluff or air' setting for a few minutes with the filter back in and it helps keep the vent clean of accumulated lint.

I snip it apart to use for tying plants to their supports in the garden.

My sister painted her nursery with an ocean theme and used a poof to dab on "sea weed." It was adorable!

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceApril 20, 2011
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Organizing Bath Toys
Organizing Bath Toys
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Homemade Bath Salts
Homemade Bath Salts Recipes
🎄