How Easy is it to Install the MagicJack?

I bought a Magic Jack at Walmart for $39.95 over 5 months ago; but I haven't yet attempted to hook it up. I have done lots of reading about it, both on various forums and at magicjack.com itself. It seems that the customers, who are having the most problems and complaints with it, haven't installed it correctly right from the beginning (if I am understanding them right).

Therefore, I would like folks to tell me (from their own personal experience) just what is the correct method of installation, so as to avoid all the frustrations. My tolerance level is next-to-none in my older years.

I am a 63-year old lady and will be attempting to install it myself. Taking that into consideration, can I handle it? Just curious. Any input (pro or con) will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.

By Lois Jean from Brandenburg, KY

Try either of these two websites. Good Luck! http://voip2u.org/how-to-install-magic-jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjE_mBl8jk

I have 1, just follow directions and it is pretty easy.

Plug the Magic Jack into the USB port on your computer. Then plug the telephone line into the Magic Jack. It will download all the info and give you a phone number. It is really easy.

Hi Lois Jean,

I've had a Magic Jack for about 5 weeks. They're really not too hard to operate, but there is a learning curve, so I'll try to help you. You may have to practice with it a bit to get the feel of it.

(1) You must have a high-speed Internet connection--no dial-up!

(2) Your computer must be turned on and connected on the Internet and your MJ must be plugged into your computer.

(4) You MUST leave your Internet modem on the entire time your computer is on, or else the MJ won't function properly because a lot of the MJ info is stored at the MJ site. You can leave your Internet modem on 24/7, but if you're uncomfortable with this, you can shut-off your Internet modem AFTER your computer shuts-off.

Suggestion: Turn your Internet modem on BEFORE you start your computer. MJ will add about 2-3 minutes of additional boot time and loads each time your computer is started.

(5) You may use either a conventional Touch Tone telephone or a headset with microphone, which can spoil you like it did with me.

(6) Dial the number you want to call and BE SURE to click the "Red End" Call to hang-up. When your MJ screen says "Ready to Call," you're good to go. You should watch this carefully.

(7) To receive MJ voice mail mssgs, your computer doesn't need to be on or even connected to the Internet. Once initial registration is completed, the MJ can even be removed from the computer. Voice mail mssgs are automatically sent to your email inbox which can be forwarded. Also, you can retrieve your MJ/VM mssgs by clicking the Green "Voice Mail" icon, or can be retrieved by dialing your MJ number from any Touch Tone telephone. Just follow the prompts.

(8) Click the "Menu" icon for additional services. Just remember to practice! Best.

Buyer beware: Don't use a credit or debit card for this company. I had to change my credit card because their billing company was adding other charges on my account, about $1000 from other companies and other consumers. I had a huge mess. Neither magicJack nor their billing company would make it right.

Computers TroubleshootingApril 28, 2010
Man installing a toilet.
Installing a Toilet
Drip Irrigation System Watering Flowers
Installing a Drip Irrigation System
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎄
🍂