Use Lavender Oil to Repel Mosquitoes

Recently, within the last week (7/9/10), someone sent in information about using lavender oil to repel mosquitoes. She put it on her pulse points and hasn't gotten bit. I'm a desperate woman and can't find anything that works, except products with Deet in it.

So, being desperate and having no lavender oil, I remembered that I did have lavender bed linen spray and I sprayed my exposed skin, smells great by the way. That was last night and I tried it again this morning and I have not a one, none whatsoever, mosquito bites. They haven't even flown around me when I'm outside like they used to.

I used to get bit while covered in Off and the mosquitoes still flew around me and landing on my clothes. I'd never heard of using lavender, but I'm going to use it now. I may even plant some around my house and doors. If lavender oil turns out to be expensive, I'm using the bed linen spray! I buy it at Marshall's or TJ Maxx anyway and it's so inexpensive.

If you try it, I hope you will write in about your own experience!

By metroplex from Houston, TX

No luck. For some reason it worked that one day and then I got bit. Of course I didn't use real oil, just the bed linen spray, I'm sure that's why.

Hope it works for you!

Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesJuly 26, 2010
Citronella bucket candle
Using Citronella to Repel Mosquitoes
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
Plants That Repel Insects: Spearmint Plant
Plants That Repel Insects
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:06:24 AM on in 985 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.