Product Review: Kenmore Flat Top Oven Broiler

Product: Flat Top Oven

Manufacturer: Kenmore

Cost: $850

I am hoping to serve this post as a warning to everyone who has bought a new Kenmore flat top stove within the past 3-4 years. We bought this stove from Sears and while it has worked well for the most part this is something that has happened to me.

One day I made a pot of scalloped potatoes to be baked. I preheated the oven and was surprised when it beeped so soon to let me know it had finished preheating. I didn't think too much about it and placed my pot in to bake. I could smell something odd about 15-20 minutes later and decided to check. Good thing I did right then as when I looked through the oven window I could see a nice, orange glow inside. I opened the door and saw my pan was burning and the smoke alarm went off. Right then the oven flashed a code F10 and beeped like crazy. I looked further and saw the BROILER was on in addition to the oven! Luckily, it shut off when I turned it off. The next few times after that when I tried preheating, the broiler came on instead.

This hasn't happened for a while now but I saw posts on the Sears website who had the same problem only they COULD NOT TURN THEIR OVEN OFF! They had to unplug it. If you don't believe this has happened, check out the discussion board at Sears and read others who this also happened to. Just beware this could happen to you if you have this kind of stove.

By LisaE2 from WI

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenApril 20, 2011
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
Broiling in the Oven
Broiling Food in the Oven
🎄