Christmas Santa Purse
This is a cute Christmas purse made from an old Santa's hat you might have stashed away in the Christmas decorations.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- Santa's hat
- needle and thread for hand sewing
- fabric for straps (44 inches long x 2 1/2 inches wide)
- fabric for lining
- Measure around the opening of the hat just below the fur on the inside.
- Cut a piece of fabric about 1 inch wider then that measurement in order to allow for stretching and seam allowance. Make it as long as you want. But it should only go as far as the hat goes until it starts going into the point. Unless you want the lining to be exactly as long as the whole hat.
- Sew the seams of the lining.
- Cut a piece of fabric for the straps 44 inches long by 2 1/2 inches wide. Fold the sides in towards the center, fold in half and stitch down the center.
- Cut the strap fabric into 2 pieces. Pin inside the purse at the place the lining is being attached. Space them evenly from one side to the other and across from each other. Adjust the length to your liking. Mine were about 22 inches long.
- Hand sew the lining to the inside of the hat and the straps in place.
- Machine sew the bottom of the lining.
- At this point you can attach Velcro inside for a closure.
- If you want the snowball on the point to hang down. Do nothing more. If you want the snowball folded up you can hand stitch it to the purse to secure. Carry and enjoy.
By D.Lockwood from Millbury, OH
November 29, 20090 found this helpful
I think this is cute I will be making about 8 this year.
I'll fill with gum, candy and makeup.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 4:25:22 PM on 10.0.2.114 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us