A very simple project kids can make to decorate their rooms.
Approximate Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- holiday garland or shredded tissue paper
- plastic sandwich bag
- cellophane tape
- pipe cleaner
- aluminum foil
- Place some holiday garland or shredded tissue paper into a plastic sandwich bag. Fold the top of the bag over and seal it with cellophane tape.
- Gather the bag at the center, and wrap the center with a pipe cleaner to form the butterfly body.
- Twist the ends of the pipe cleaner together to form the antennae.
- Roll the ends of the antennae into small coils. Crumple small pieces of aluminum foil into two small balls and glue the balls to the pipe cleaner coils to finish the antennae.
- Attach a piece of string to the butterfly body so you can hang it from the ceiling or from a curtain rod.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
October 1, 20090 found this helpful
This would be great with candy in the wings as an adornment for gift packages.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 2, 2016 at 2:42:28 AM on 10.0.0.90 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us