ShoppingBudget & Finance

Keep Receipts & Watch For Sale Prices

Category Shopping

Have you noticed, it never fails, when you purchase an item it goes on sale at a cheaper price only days later? If you take your register receipt back to customer service, most times they will refund the difference. Check with the stores to find out what time frame that store allows, then make a note of it for future reference. Be as prompt as you can on requesting refunds.

I have had as much as $11.00 refunded on a toy that went on sale! Target said they allow two weeks.

By Syd

Walmart allows seven days. At least ours does! I had the same situation, bought a toy and then it went on sale.....2 weeks later. The clerk said she could not give me the sales price difference because it had been two weeks. So what to do? I went home (because they are nearly next door anyways), got the toy, brought it back as a return and got the original price I paid back. Then I went back to the toy area, picked up the SAME toy again, and paid the sale price for it. It seemed silly to me that the store would do that, they've just created a giant loop and more work for the customer and themselves. I also picked up a toy on a display, the box was a total wreck. I went to the customer service desk and the cashier gave me 20% off. This was at Walmart as well. It never hurts to ask!

I keep all my receipts with me in an organizer. Then if I see that something I've bought is now selling for less, I can use the receipt to ask for the price difference.

By caseybecher