Add Alcohol to Baby Wipes for Sanitizing Wipes

I was worried that hand sanitizer alone would not clean our hands well enough so I invented my own sanitizing wipes. I buy a container of baby wipes and open them and pour in 1/2 bottle of alcohol. I pour most on top and some in-between the wipes. I keep it in the car so every time we get in the car after shopping we can clean our hands very easily. Our hands feel very clean and germ free.

By goodsoul00 from Oakland, TN

Yes, this does work! In fact I love the way alcohol refreshes & renews dried-up wipes after they've sat to long in an opened container! I use these alcohol-wipes to clean & wipe down things in our booth at the Saturday Market fairs where I sell things. These wipes also make great on-the-go cleaning & sanitizing wipes for when you travel or go camping. Use them to help sanitize public toilets before you put the paper covers on. When you travel with kids these alcohol-wipes are great to clean up sticky car messes & wipe off dirty hands. I like to clean my steering wheel with them & I also use them to wipe off my armpits when I'm camping or when it's really hot in my car & I'm away from water.

You might try adding white vinegar, instead of alcohol. Alcohol is drying. Vinegar is a disinfectant, kills bacteria and germs and helps to restore the Ph of your skin. It feels really good and softens your skin. The smell goes away when it's dry. Most soaps and detergents are alkaline and they irritate and dry the skin. After doing dishes or cleaning of any kind, when my skin is still wet, I squirt some vinegar on my hands and sort of wash with it a bit and then rinse. It helps to stop the soaps from drying my hands. Good as a facial astringent, too.

Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Parenting General ParentingMay 6, 2009
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower