MiscellaneousCleaning

Spots from Flies on My Home's Siding

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep flies from landing on the house? We live in the country and get little spots of bug poo all over the siding, it's driving me crazy.

By lynnkfost from Frederick, MD

Hi,

We have cattle and flies. You can find a stronger 409 like an industrial kind. It works really good. Yes, you can scrub but often it will take forever. You might even just try the 409 regular that you can buy and see if it will work first.

Good luck.

I have heard that mint repels flies. I have on occasion cut pieces of my various mint plants & sprinkle the cuttings around my back yard. I live near a lot of apartments & the people r real pigs, the alleys get filled with trash & the trash cans are awful. So I get the overflow of flies. It does seem to work. The mint oil might do it, but it's a place to start.

We recently had a bout of warm weather and the flies swarmed to the siding of my home to keep warm. The next day I notice a million little dots where the flies had been. I took a scrub sponge to it and I can't get it off. Does anyone know what it is and how to get it off? It's on my front door as well and it's not very pretty.

Toni

Answers:

Spots from flies on my home's siding

Its probably fly poop. Use your garden hose and a old broom with some dish soap or multipurpose cleaner and scrub. It will come off.

(01/05/2005)

By Jodie

Spots from flies on my home's siding

Windex will take off the fly poo off with no trouble at all. (07/27/2008)

By Dottie