Spots from Flies on My Home's Siding

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep flies from landing on the house? We live in the country and get little spots of bug poo all over the siding, it's driving me crazy.

By lynnkfost from Frederick, MD

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hi,

We have cattle and flies. You can find a stronger 409 like an industrial kind. It works really good. Yes, you can scrub but often it will take forever. You might even just try the 409 regular that you can buy and see if it will work first.

Good luck.

I have heard that mint repels flies. I have on occasion cut pieces of my various mint plants & sprinkle the cuttings around my back yard. I live near a lot of apartments & the people r real pigs, the alleys get filled with trash & the trash cans are awful. So I get the overflow of flies. It does seem to work. The mint oil might do it, but it's a place to start.

July 21, 2009 Flag

We recently had a bout of warm weather and the flies swarmed to the siding of my home to keep warm. The next day I notice a million little dots where the flies had been. I took a scrub sponge to it and I can't get it off. Does anyone know what it is and how to get it off? It's on my front door as well and it's not very pretty.

Toni

Answers:

Spots from flies on my home's siding

Its probably fly poop. Use your garden hose and a old broom with some dish soap or multipurpose cleaner and scrub. It will come off.

(01/05/2005)

By Jodie

Spots from flies on my home's siding

Windex will take off the fly poo off with no trouble at all. (07/27/2008)

By Dottie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJuly 21, 2009
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 10:11:25 AM on 10.0.0.150 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.