Casserole Dish Covers

You can make nice casserole dish covers from two placemats. These make nice Christmas gifts for friends or family. All you need is two matching fabric placemats, quilted, or unquilted. First you match up the placemats , then sew around three sides leaving one small side unsewn. You can then use Velcro to fasten or put a button hole on top placemat then sew button on bottom mat on the inside. Or you can do as I did and make two button holes on the top placemat, then match it up and put two on the bottom mat. Be sure to line then up. You can then take a serving spoon and stick it through the button holes on the top and bottom mat. Or use a wooden spoon for a decorative look. This is not my idea, but thought it makes a nice gift that is easy and inexpensive to make.

By Madeline from Jacksonville, AL

This is an absolutely cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

I really like this idea. I may make one. Like you say, it's a cute gift.

this is very cool. and easy too I love it. thank you for sharing

Thanks for sharing that, it is so cute, clever, easy and inexpensive. Just what you said. Gosh I love this place!

what a great idea. I think I will make a few of these for last minute gifts...and one for myself...these can also be used at home to keep your casseroles, etc. warm until ready to serve...thanks for sharing..

Very nice! I am going to give it a try . you are right they would make nice gifts. I am not sure if I can make button holes though. I am kinda trying to teach myself to sew. Love your idea.

Connie

Madeline,

Would you mind sharing where you brought the place mats in the picture! I love this! What a wonderful idea. Lucindap1 AT aol.com

I went to Garden Ridge and found a bunch of cute placemats on Clearance after the holidays and had this idea in mind... I bought a few dozen of them and I have to say they are so easy to make. I plan on buying some of those foil pans and inserting them for "demonstration" when I give them as gifts. Paid about 20 cents per placemat and $1 for a bag of wooden spoons at the dollar store. Then I had ribbons, etc... Thanks so much again for a cute and inexpensive idea! Here's a picture of one of the ones I have already made...

Very nice idea. If a person cannot make buttonholes, she could maybe use ribbons securely sewn on both pieces at the open end and tie them into pretty bows with the wooden spoon tied in with the bows. And they can always be washed which is a plus. Thanks, Lee

A bag made out of placemats.
Crafts Made With Placemats
Crafts SewingDecember 18, 2008
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Homemade Heart Duvet Covers
Homemade Duvet Covers
Small Appliance Covers
Making Small Kitchen Appliance Covers
🎉
🎄