TVElectronics (Large)

HDTV Converter Problems

My hdtv converter works great when it wants to but,sometimes it breaks up and freezes. it also says no signal sometimes. Can you help me fix it?

Granniegityergun from Rochester, NY

The problem is not in your converter box. The signal the box is getting is not strong enough for those channels. The only thing you can do is get a really good antenna or change the direction of the antenna you are using until the signal comes in better.

Susan in Omaha

Not all stations are televising in hi def yet. I would think that would be the problem.

I've had nothing but problems with the new box. Stations that were crystal clear before don't exist according to the new set up. Freezes and pauses are common on most channels, and I live near powerful transmitters. This system wasn't very well thought out or the cable company (a monopoly here) is making out like a bandit. Mind you, I spent good money on the best antennae money can buy too.