Putting Digital Pictures Online

I have a digital camera and I want to put some pictures online. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this? Color me stupid.

By chef4u from Sylvania, OH

Take your pictures. Do not switch cameras off till you have finished. Connect the cord that came with your camera to the computer & camera. Wait till you see info on camera to click o k. More info will come up on your computer. Go by instruction on it. Very easy after you do it one time. Do you have a book for the camera? It has all info, good luck.

Thank you. I'll give it a try. I'm not sure if I still have the book that goes with the camera or not. During my recent move, a lot of items got misplaced.

Here is how mine works,

1. Find where the cord connects to the camera. Plug the cord into the camera while the camera is on and well charged. The place where the cord goes might have a little flap and will have the same shape as the cord end.

2. Find where the cord on the camera plugs into the computer. My laptop has the connection on the left bottom side of the computer. I put a small dot of fingernail polish on there to remember where it is.

3. The camera should already be on.

4. At the bottom of the screen there will come a prompt or message. Click ok or yes or whatever.

5. Computer will start downloading. Then a message will come on saying do you want to delete pics from the camera after downloading. I always do. There will be a box to check.

6. There might be a place to tag the pics, I usually don't do that until later.

7. When the computer is done, there will be a little icon on the bottom try, at the bottom of the computer, and it will need to be clicked. It is about the usb or whaever cord and it will say when you can safely unplug the cord from the computer.

8. Dont forget to turn the camera off after you are through downloading.

9. I go to a place onthe computer where it says all pics on computer, or photo gallery etc. to look at the pics.

10. There is a place where you can fix the pics. Click on the fix button. Then you can crop or cut the picture down to size or fix brightness etc.

11. On an email from yahoo to someone else you want to send pics to, there will be a button called attachments

12. Click on attachments and it will have a page with squares and browse. Click on the browse button.

13. When you find your pic, double click on it. I never put more than two on an email.

14. Click the button on the computer page that says attach files. It will put your pics on the email.

15. Then you can send your email to whoever you want. When they get the email, they can click on download and then open file. They will get the file.

16. If you go to an online photo web album like picasa

you can make online albums and also here you can copy and paste onto an email. Selecting the pic you saved onto picassa and then hitting ctrl button and c button at the same time you can copy the pic. Then when you go to a yahoo mail you can hit ctrl button and v to paste the pic. You cant copy and paste a pic unless it is first on a web photo album as far as I know.

17. Ask the computer on the search bar how to download pics from a digital camera. You might find more help doing this.

Hope this helps! It will get easier the more you do it. Racer

Download Picasa from Google. It's free. You can do so many things with your pictures. If your computer has a place either in the tower or if you have a laptop. Insert your chip in and then Picasa will let you upload your pictures. It's an easy process.

If you cannot find the cord that went with your camera, go to an office supply store and buy a "card reader". I lost my cord and was told that the card reader was cheaper than replacing the cord. It works beautifully! Good luck and God bless you.

Computers Internet TipsAugust 1, 2009
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
Picture of a digital camera.
Organizing Digital Photos
Glass Blocks
Putting Pictures on Lighted Glass Blocks
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer