Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

What Can I Make with These Items?

Pin It

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do with these objects? I've saved gobs of them. A description of the objects are as follows:

• One is a key that opens a can of corn beef hash.
  • The white Styrofoam circle and the small clear plastic cap are both inserts to the blue object that is a top for a water cooler bottle.
I wanted to make a cool game or craft project for my step children when we all visit together. The large blue piece makes an excellent stack toy, but the other pieces I have no ideas for them. Please share your ideas.

Thanks.

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Darlene (Guest Post)08/29/2008

Hi, wow great idea to make a game. Perhaps it could be something your Grandchildren and you do together. The pieces that you've shown could be board game pieces and you could play it outside with chalk squares so that each time they play it could be "new". Enjoy.

By Jana [7]07/24/2008

Depending on the ages of the kids, one of the most fun, entertaining and interesting things you could do, would be to simply lay out the pieces, and let the kids decide what to make with them! Kids are so creative, you'll have a blast watching what they can come up with!

You could even make a contest out of it. Precede as above, but tell the kids that it is a "Hot Summer Invention Contest" and give prizes. You can create several categories (maybe, coincidently equal to the number of kids there are?!?) such as "Most Useful Invention", "Most Creative Invention", "Prettiest Invention", "Silliest Invention", etc.

Just have fun with the kids, that's the most important thing!

By Mary Lou [14]07/23/2008

The first thing I saw was an angel. Glue the key to the back of the smaller plug like piece as a halo. With a permanent marker, draw eyes and mouth the opposite side of the plug (might have to sand and brush off surface if it is slick or the markers won't take). Gather the white ring in the middle to make the wings. Glue to back of the small plug allowing to hang down below the bottom edge. Attach plug with halo on the top edge center of the blue ring.

RE: What can I make with these items?

By Mary LaCaze [22]07/22/2008

Make a big checkerboard on any solid color fabric, painting in the alternating color with fabric paint or Sharpie colored pens so it'll be permanent. You could mark the squares, guided by a ruler, then let the kids paint them in so they get some quiet crafting time. You could let the kids mark or paint on the colors, or even have them glue the white styrofoam circle onto them for the other color, and you have a big set of checkers! Because they stack, it would be easy to 'king' the checkers. Since you have a lot of these anyway, wouldn't matter if they lost a few. They could even play outside with them.

By Regina Arlauckas [26]07/22/2008

What do the keys sound like when they are clinked together? Could you use them as components in a wind chime?

The white styrofoam piece could hang down to "catch the wind" or be used as the top ring to hang the other items from.