Using Analog VCR with Converter Box

We wanted to use our analog VCR with the new converter box (bought with a government issue coupon) for the analog TV. Had to call Customer Service for information as the TV would not communicate with the VCR no matter what I did.

The rep said to purchase co-axial splitter at an electronics store. Make sure it is NOT for Broadband. Attach the antenna to one side, and to the other side with two outputs, attach the vcr and the converter box. Leave the connection from the TV to the converter box alone.

I hope this helps someone out there! At the very least, it will save you a couple of wasted hours and aggravation trying to get the TV and VCR to function!

Source: Customer Service Rep for RCA DTA800 converter box

By Holly from Richardson, TX

After all that, it didn't work! I am waiting for my son to come up for a visit and straighten out this mess. Will let you know if it could be fixed and how he did it.

Never could record with the converter box. Hooked up a digital vcr (with tuner) to an analog tv, set it to record on "Video 1", then put the tv remote where my DH couldn't find it and told him to watch by manually turning the tv on via the ON button and changing channels by turning on the vcr and using the vcr remote.

Well, it was less expensive than buying a digital TV, too.

Digital Converter Box
Using a Digital Converter Box
Consumer Advice General AdviceSeptember 18, 2008
Safety Deposit Box
Using a Safety Deposit Box
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
Robot Costume made with cardboard boxes
Costume Ideas Using a Cardboard Box
🎄