Cut Fabric Softener Sheets in Half

I have found that you can cut fabric softener sheets in quarters and they'll work just as well, last longer, and best of all cost less!

By Linda from Muskegon, MI

October 1, 2010 Flag

I like to use dryer sheets in every load of laundry. This can get expensive, so I tried a "bargain" brand. It was no bargain, since it did not work nearly as well to get rid of static or soften clothes in the dryer. My tip: get a name brand dryer sheet and use only 1/2 sheet for each load of laundry. They easily tear in half; no scissors required. This works just as well as a whole sheet and a whole lot better than one whole sheet of a "bargain" brand.

By Shirley from Sunbury, OH

Answers:

Cut Fabric Softener Sheets in Half

I save the dryer sheets and use them again. I keep them in a plastic bag and will then use one or two sheets over again. Sometimes I will throw in six depending how many times I have used them. I may throw all of them out and start all over again. I hear dryer sheets are not good for the dryer and the dryer screen should be washed frequently. (07/22/2010)

By molly7733

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 21, 2010 Flag

If you use fabric softener sheets in your dryer, tear each sheet in half and use a half sheet per load. A half sheet provides enough anti-static treatment for a full load of clothes and you'll get double your money's worth. In addition you only put half as much trash in the landfill. Even better, instead of putting the used half sheet in the trash, place it in the toe of your out-of-season shoes to reduce odor, keep out dust and spiders, and keep the shoe's shape until the next season.

By Vennie A. from Carbondale, IL

Answers:

Cut Fabric Softener Sheets in Half

I have even cut the sheets in 1/4" squares, and they will soften a whole dryer full of clothes. (11/21/2008)

By MCW

Cut Fabric Softener Sheets in Half

And another use for your used sheet is to put it in your dish water when you soak dishes and it helps caked on food wipe out much easier from your dishes. This works especially well when you have a casserole dish with caked on food on it. (11/23/2008)

By maliboo99

Cut Fabric Softener Sheets in Half

Try 1/2 cup of vinegar in your rinse cup, works better than fabric softener or sheets! (11/30/2008)

By PICO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 21, 2008 Flag

I find using a half sheet of fabric softener sheets still works fine and you end up getting the sheets for half price, It's like getting a box for free.

By Joanne

Answers:

Cut Fabric Softener Sheets in Half

I cut my sheets into quarters. Works fine for me. All I'm interested in is eliminating static cling and it does. Clothes come out softer than using nothing. I don't like too much fabric softener anyway on my wash. (09/23/2004)

By Guest

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 1, 2010
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄