FruitFood Tips

Freeze Lemons For Juice

When my refrigerator got too cold and froze some produce, I learned that this is not necessarily a loss. I chopped the celery while still frozen and it cooked in stuffing perfectly well. I had to let the carrots defrost since they were too hard, but they were also fine for cooking. The apples went into apple crisp and did not lose any flavor. The texture was slightly softer, is all.

But lemons were a revelation! I love having fresh lemons on hand, but they don't last as long as I would like. Well, the frozen lemons were amazing for juicing. They were soft, but they gave more juice than I have ever seen from lemons. They were just bursting with juice and it was high quality, too. From now on, when I see a good deal on lemons, I will pop a few in the freezer. I know I can always have them on hand.

By copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

Top Comment

I buy lemons by the bag at Sams Club. After juicing them, I measure out the juice by tablespoons full and freeze it in ice trays. After frozen, I put the cubes in a zip lock bag. They keep a long time.

I freeze celery all the time. I wash it and dry it thoroughly then chop it. I put it in a freezer bag then take out what I need when I cook.