General AdviceConsumer Advice

Replacement for Eddie Bauer Pure for Men Cologne

I have used the men's cologne, Pure by Eddie Bauer. Now they have discontinued it and I am looking for a replacement. The reason I liked Pure so much was because it had a clean scent and I had many compliments from women, so looking for something similar. Thanks.

Lary

By Lary1047 from MI

I have never smelled that one, but you can go to your closest Stage department store, or similar, and the ladies at the cologne counter will let you sample what they have. Just be sure to mention what you used before, and if you still have the empty bottle, bring it with you. They can smell the bottle and help you find something similar. And that way you haven't spent any money yet!

If you have one locally, you could also check with your local Avon lady, for some samples. I like the blue 'ocean' type men scents. They are usually very clean and not too heavy scented.

Also, places like Aeorpostale, American Eagle, Abercrombie and Fitch, and Hollister carry their own brands of mens scents, and even if their clothes are a tad expensive, the scents are usually around $12 and they have cards that you can spray the scent on to smell it first.

Take the bottle to one of those perfume counters that sell "rip off' scents.

I bought bottles there of my favorite perfume, and when it went up to $100 a bottle, I quit using it. Too expensive! Then my sis sent me a bottle of perfume, with a well known name. I started wearing it and I had people guessing the scent, and lots were correct. It was from a "rip off' place, which are usually located in small strip malls. Ask a friend. Good luck to you.

Lots of times you can find discontinued items still brand new and at a great price on EBAY. It's definetly worth a try. Good luck