Tip for a Moist Cake Every Time

Adding 1 tablespoon of honey to any cake batter keeps your cake moist. The honey draws moisture to the cake and it stays moist from first slice to last. You do not need to change any ingredients and it can be added to a box cake mix or a homemade cake.

Source: A master beekeeper in PA.

By Lisa from Alexandria, VA

Thanks Masterbeekeeper!

Sounds like a great idea, honey helps bread keep from drying and molding, also. God's creatures do it best! I found out that baking the cake at 325 not 350 makes for a moist, better tasting cake. People have noticed. Can't wait to try the honey!

September 14, 2010 Flag

For a moist cake every time, place a pan of water in the oven while the cake is baking, this way the heat will take the moisture from the pan and not the cake.

I do this with most baking items that I bake and it hasn't failed me yet.

By Carolyn from East Northport

Tip for a Moist Cake Every Time

A friend of mine who decorates cakes for important occasions told me after baking she freezes the cake layers and this makes them moist.

I don't know if she decorates them while semi- frozen or after thawing, but her cakes taste like they have pudding in the mix and she says they are standard, cheap pre-packaged mixes from the grocery store with the additional add ins (eggs, water, etc.) called for on the box. (10/24/2005)

By cookwie

Cake Baking Tips And Tricks
Cake Baking Tips And Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingSeptember 14, 2010
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Two chocolate cake layers in pans on a cooling rack
Preventing Cakes from Sticking to a Cake Pan