Cleaning a Leapfrog Lovable Lily Doll

I bought a Leap-Frog Lovable Lily Doll that has interactive buttons off of eBay. She works fine, like brand new, but she has a very strong potent cigarette smell. I can't wash her in the washing machine due to her electronics, please is there any ideas? It's for my little girl, but she is asthmatic. She loves this doll very much.

June from MO

So bummer when people sell like that. Here are a few of my ideas, ALL of them include a big Ziploc bag, I think it's Hefty that makes the 2 1/2 gallon size.

#1 A box of baking soda and the toy, sealed and sit.

#2 Activated charcoal, regular briquets don't work for this. Try the pet store.

#3 Newspaper crumpled up.

Hope something like that helps. Maybe use the allergen Fabreeze?

How about using antibacterial wipes and then hanging her in an area to dry out? Maybe repeating as necessary. Lily is a terrific toy. My little one loves her. Good luck!

Thankyou sooooo much for the ideas. I will definitely use this and hope for the best :)

Hi, you can try hand washing it with a damp soapy wash cloth and letting it air dry or toss it in the dryer for a minute or two.

you could also try those at home dry cleaning bags you can buy at walmart. i think you just put your garment - in your case lily, and pop it in the dryer for a little while. its supposed to take out smoke and other odors from your clothes. I don't see why it shouldn't work for your lily.

I hope these suggestions were helpful. Good Luck! =)

Home and Garden Cleaning ToysJanuary 1, 2007
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Leap Year Celebration Ideas
Leap Year Celebration Ideas
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
Droopy Peace Lily
Droopy Peace Lily