Neck Pillow Filler Ideas

I have a friend that microwaved my neck pillow too long (3 minutes). The pillow was filled with rice. The rice burned and oozed out of the fabric enclosure. Does anyone know of a filler that will take a lot of heat and retain that heat. Any information certainly will be appreciated. Thank you.

Fran from Springfield, GA

You can also fill it with buck wheat. You can get it from a whole food or natural store. You can Freeze it or Heat it. Just remember to heat it at 1 min at a time, after each minute move it around.

Corn, you can get a 50 lb bag at Bass pro shop, wal-mart or a feed store for about $5.00-10.00 Put it in the microwave for about 3 min the first time to kill any "boll weevils" and 2 min each time you heat it up from then on. You don't want to cook it any longer because once you burn it you can't get the smell out. I make a pillow with the corn sewn in and then pillow cases of different materials. The pillows are about 10x12 inches which are nice for your tummy or back. A neck roll is nice too. If you hold it to your body it can stay warm almost all night long. My corn pillow is one of my favorite things in the world.

Why not start over with rice?

Flax seed works and they put in lavender and other herbs to make it smell good too.

Plain Pot Barley - you can get it at any bulk store. Cheap and doesn't hurt it when overheated. Holds the heat longer than rice as well! Adding lavender or other scents works great as long as they aren't over heated.

I have heard flax seed or bird seed.

We used dried beans. Any kind works. Have used ours for years and you can empty it wash and refill it.

I have made herb pillows for friends and family for quite a few years. My daughters friends are always asking for them. I always use flax. It is easier on your neck than corn, or beans, etc. Rice can either burn or mold easily. I buy my flax seed in bulk and add dried rose petals, lavender, different oils, etc. I leave the Ziploc bag, sealed, for 3-4 months. I always have some going. It smells pretty strong at first but after a bit, it calms down. I like flax, because I have sinus issues and so I heat my bag and put it on my forehead and over my nose.

My sister wants me to make a longer one(mine are usually about a foot maybe) maybe 18" , add a velcro strap to it, for her knee that's bad. I plan to make her one for Christmas. Good luck. Oh, you can get the oils cheap at Walmart.

heat therapy pillow
Making a Heat Therapy Pillow
Crafts AdviceApril 7, 2008
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Neckties Tied to a Wooden Dowel
Making a Pillow Case Using Neck Ties
Making a Neck Pillow
Making a Neck Pillow
Alternanthera bloom.
Growing Alternanthera
🎉
🎄