Product Review: Swiffer WetJet

For as long as I've been married, (22 years) I've hated mopping my floors! It was always such a useless chore, because the minute I got it all mopped, someone tracked in more dirt. Well! We've been remodeling, and when we laid down new linoleum on our floors, I decided it was time to get my adolescent daughters (and sons) involved. So I bought the Swiffer WetJet unit. Had a $5 coupon, and my supermarket had a $5 off with purchase special, so it only cost $10! We are hooked. The beauty of this product is, it's quick, easy, and the dirt gets thrown away! No more is keeping the floors clean something to be put off, and it's worth every penny. I still have to use a broom for tracked in mud, and the dry version of Swiffer for quick jobs. Now, the only time I use a mop is for water on the floor! My children (and me) happily use these cool new products to help keep my home clean, so it's worth every penny! 'Sides that, there are coupons for Swiffer quite regularly in the newspaper to save money.

By Kim from Crawford, CO

FYI - if you use a pair of pliers, you can squeeze the lid and it will screw right off. Fill with glass cleaner (by far the best thing I've found to clean floors, wood, ceramic or vinyl) and voila....no more expensive refills.

Have you tried the Swiffer thingy that vacuums? I can't remember what it's called. I loved mine. Then I found a dirt devil thing that vacuums AND does the wet spray stuff on clearance so I bought it and gave the swiffer vacuum to my mom and she says it's great.

I'll bet it's pure luxury to be able to use Swiffers, EVEN WITH the regular coupons. When you have very little money for basics......So, I do most everything the old fashioned way, with a squeeze sponge mop $3.00 for a new one at the dollar store,and a bucket of bleach/Lestoil in hot water. When I'm through I toss it into the toilet and clean THAT with the residual mixture. $10 for a single mopping? After a month of saving that, I could hire a maid for a day with that kind of "extra" money for such purposes. lol Using it for a contageous illness makes a LOT of sense, but it isn't a strong disinfectant, right? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all afford disposables for most EVERYTHING? (They even have disposable sheets, I saw on Ameircan Inventor last winter.) But

it can save a lot of money to do as much of your own work without having to buy what you need for each job.

If all Americans are taught to be frugal, we might not have such a high national debt, high personal debts, and imprint on our children's minds

the wrong messgaes, right?

By the way, if you need a job, you'd make a GREAT salesperson for that bridge in the swamp, or most ANYTHING! lol God bless you. : )

It's not $10 for a single mopping. It's $10 for one of these gizmos that you use over and over:

http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/wetjet.do

If you don't want to buy the pads for it, you can use old washcloths. If you don't want to buy the cleaning solution, you can use your own.

It is SOOO much easier and faster than a bucket and sponge mop, and it works just as well. It has a trigger that you pull to spray a small amount of cleaning solution on the floor (instead of having to dip the mop into a bucket and wring it out) and then you scrub the floor with the pad or old washcloth on the end of the gizmo. There's no rinsing involved since it's such a small amount of cleaner, and it dries in no time. Then you throw the dirt away with the pad or put the washcloth in the wash to be reused indefinitely.

I think it would be a luxury to have the time to mop the floor with a bucket and sponge mop.

Hm--now that I think about it, I bet it would work just as well to use a spray bottle to spray cleaning solution on the floor and then scrub with the regular swiffer with an old wash cloth on it...

I got one about 4 months ago and I love it. The solution goes a looooong way. I'm still using the same bottle I got with it but will now use a glass cleaner when it runs out or diluted vinegar. Due to a back and shoulder injury it was sheer agony to mop. Now it's a breeze.

Let me make a clarification: The initial investment was about $10, and I intend to be as frugal as I need to. Thanks for the tip on getting the bottle open. I WILL use my own cleaner. Didn't like having to buy another bottle.

A THOUGHT--sometimes in our quest to be frugal, we forget the time spent in being frugal, vs. the dollars spent and the TIME SAVED when using a better PRODUCT!!!

If you buy the Magic Blue Mop refill cloths, they stick grea to the wetjet head and can be tossed in the wash once they're dirty. Actually, I think they work better than the disposable cloths that Swiffer sells.

You can see the pads I mean here: http://www.uclean.com/catalog/produ ... _mop_system_blue_wet_mop_pad_18.html

I always felt the wet jet solution made my floors tacky feeling. I use soap and water on rough garage towel and push it around with the dry swiffer mop handle. Towel goes in the wash and my floors seem much cleaner to me this way. But I would definitely like to try replacing the swiffer solution with my own because that aspect of the mop, I liked.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningJuly 31, 2007
Swiffer WetJet
Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer WetJet
Replacement Parts for a Swiffer WetJet
🎉
🎄