Oiling Hair Clippers

Does anyone have a thrifty idea for oiling your hair clippers used for cutting hair? I don't really want to buy that tiny tube of oil if I can help it. I've already tried vegetable oil and olive oil on two occasions, only to have the blades gum up. Any tips are welcome. Thanks.

By Dawn

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You might try WD-40 or the 3 in 1 oil available in hardware stores. But if you use the clippers frequently it might be best to buy the clipper oil as it will probably perform best. It is on Petco's website for $3--is there a Petco near you? Or try Sally Beauty supply.

I use sewing machine oil ,good luck.

Mineral Oil. Turn the clipper 'on' for a few seconds, then wipe dry.

Try using mineral oil or WD-40 to oil your hair clippers. My dad used to use 3-in-1 oil for his.

Use mineral oil. I used to work for a company that manufactured commercial grade food machines, and that is what they used on all of their slicers to keep them lubed and running well. Any knd of cooking oil will just gum up the whole works. To remove the gummy oil, use nail polish remover.

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 2, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:05:48 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.