Fun Slogan Doorknob Signs
Most kids love to make their own doorknob signs and decorations. But these fun foam signs also incorporate a sense of humor into the craft. Instead of just putting their name on the sign, encourage the children to think of a slogan that they want others to know about their room. By sorting through foam letters, they can help hand/eye coordination and spelling.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- foam doorknob sign
- foam letters
- foam pictures/animals
- Give each child a foam doorknob sign. Have them think up and write down the slogan they want to use.
- Have the children sort a large supply of foam letters to find the exact letter and color needed.
- Have children pick out any additional pictures they want to glue or draw on the sign.
- Have children glue the letters into their slogan, then decorate the sign with foam pictures or hand drawings.
Slogans will need to be short and made of simple words, especially for young children. Try giving them ideas like:
- Swamp Area
- No big sisters (or big/little brothers and sisters)
- No Cleaning Zone
- Trash Pit
- The Princess Palace
- Wilderness Area
- Weird Wonders Inside
- No Adults
- Boys Rule (Girls Rule)
- Kid Heaven
By Aysha from Boise, ID
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
June 14, 20080 found this helpful
I was wondering if you can get the doorknob already cut? If not where do you get the foam?
June 18, 20080 found this helpful
Almost every craft store I've ever been in has these foam doorknobs hangers for sale, pre-cut and ready to go. If not, it's very easy to take any semi-thick sheet of craft foam and cut the shape out.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 22, 2016 at 2:14:45 PM on 10.0.0.10 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us