Onion Rings

We LOVE onion rings! I need to make these again soon!

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • Ad
  • 1 egg

I just buy a bag of yellow onions to use and just judge as I go how much I will need. Slice onions and separate into rings. Soak in milk a few minutes. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Remove onion rings from milk and drain. Mix milk, egg and add slowly to flour mixture. Stir until smooth. Dip onion rings into batter so they are covered. Fry in medium hot oil deep enough to cover. You can add 1/4 cup oil to mixture but I think they are too greasy then. Cook until nice and golden brown.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Hi, I have made Onion rings but have never used milk to soak them in can you let us know why you do it? Thank You

A pile of onion rings.
Homemade Onion Rings Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Side DishesJune 9, 2009
Cup Stain on Wood
Removing Cup Rings from Wood Furniture
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Orc Costume (Lord of the Rings)
diamond ring
Fixing Rings That Are Too Big