Walking with Heel Spurs

I love to go for walks. However, I have developed painful heel spurs. They become very painful if I walk too much. I am desperate to lose weight. I do not have access to a pool, nor the money to join a gym. What can I do besides riding a bike? I want to walk, it is so freeing, how can I do it without pain?

By Wacky Camper from Westland

There is already lots of information in the links provided. I wear inserts in all my shoes and am completely without pain. I can even walk around barefoot. I am completely cured but as I carry heavy loads, I don't want to injure myself again. Good luck to you.

I did stretching exercises and it worked wonders. I can walk now with no pain at all.

I would go to a podiatrist.

A chiropractor took care of my plantar fascitis in 2 visits. That was after I had tried exercises, stretching, pads in my shoes, etc. It was wonderful.

I have them too, left heal. Get you a pair of crocks. I got mine at the $store, 5 bucks. No more pain, 2 years now.

Go to your local library and get the book, PAIN FREE. It's an excellent resource. I too had painful heel spurs and went to the foot doctor, said only shots would help, but I didn't want that! Also, Berkinstocks were great he stated. My primary doctor sent me to physical thearphy - the streatching help a bunch, but the books by far is the best help I found.

Yes, Crocs work great. They helped my husband's heel pain so he is now pain free. I have a friend that bought the knock-off Crocs and said they didn't help her, only the real Crocs did. My other idea is to go see an acupuncturist. The can "zap" the spur with an acupuncture needle hooked up to a little bit of electricity (like a tens unit). It dissolves the spur immediately.

Go to a podiatrist and see if they can make for you custom made insoles just for your feet and shoes. It's going to cost but you'd rather pay a little to get a lifetime of comfort. Also check out the Nike Air Flex Trainers walking sneaker. I feel like I'm walking on pillows and my feet feel extremely comfortable even on my longer walks.

Remedies for Heel Spurs
Remedies for Heel Spurs
Health & Beauty FitnessApril 8, 2009
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Woman Massaging her Feet After Removing Heels
Remedies for Heel Pain
A mom and two kids crossing the street.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
A dog and it's owner walking on the beach.
Teaching Your Dog to Heel
🎉
🎄