Washer Not Agitating

I have a GE washer that will not wash. It does all the other stuff; it just does not do the washing motion. Any help?

By Ty from WA

Answers

Belt is broke, loose or rubber bushing on pulley that belt is attached to is worn out. Short in the electrical system is highly unlikely.

November 28, 2009 Flag

My washer will not agitate during the cleaning cycle, but it does spin during the rinse cycle. What could the problem be?

Linda from Bellville, OH

Answers:

Washer Not Agitating

I had the same problem a few years ago and fixed it myself. Under the agitator are some "dog ears" that release and grab every time the agitator rotates. Over time they wear out and so can't grab any longer. On my machine, there is a cap at the very top of the agitator that turns off. Then the whole agitator comes up and out of the machine. It is in the inside column of the agitator that these "dog ears" sit.

Take the agitator with you to the supply store you are going to and they should be able to sell you the appropriate part, and may even help you put these rubber "dog ears" in. My machine continues to work like new and it has been at least 4 years. The cost was also minimal, to buy the part. (10/16/2008)

By Mommapatty

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 28, 2009
Top Loading Washer
Top Loading Washer Not Draining
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 22, 2017 at 7:41:14 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.