Cereal Bar Recipe

I made a cereal bar and lost the recipe. It had bananas, whole wheat flour,oatmeal, chopped nuts and raisins, I used Splenda instead of sugar and apple sauce instead of oil or butter. It was great and of course I lost it. It was only 100 calories per bar, which you cut like a flat cake. can anyone help me. I am a new diabetic and am trying out all sorts of recipes.

Susan from Hamilton, Ontario

Hi Susan, I hope someone posts a feedback with the recipe.

My hubby is a diabetic and I too, look for diabetic recipes.

http://www.Spenda.com has some great recipes.

We do a Saturday workshop for church. I end up making the dessert and we have diabetics. I don't have the recipe you are asking for, but here are a couple that people won't know are sugar free unless you tell them. I have more diabetic recipes. Email me if you want me to send them to you. jesij AT txol.net

Sugar Free Three Layer Chocolate Pie

1 stick oleo

1 cup flour

1 cup chopped pecans

1 cup Lite cool whip

1 cup Splenda

1 8oz low fat cream cheese

1 pkg sugar free vanilla pudding- instant

1 pkg sugar free chocolate pudding- instant (This is great with white chocolate & lemon pudding)

3 cups skim milk

Blend flour, melted oleo, & pecans. Press in a 13x9x2 inch pan or Pyrex.

Bake 20 minutes at 350. Let cool completely or crust will tear when putting the next mixture in it.

Blend Splenda, sotened cream cheese, and cool whip. Pour over cooled crust spreading evenly.

Combine puddings and milk until well blended. I use the mixer.

Pour over cream cheese mixture. Top with cool whip. I usually buy 2 cartons because after using a cup with the cr. cheese, it is not quite enough to cover good.

Sprinkle grated pecans on top. After chilled a short while, cut in squares.

Diet Pineapple Millionaire Pie

1 large instant sugar free vanilla pudding DRY

8 oz. low fat cream cheese

1 medium size can crushed pineapple (no sugar if you can find it) DO NOT DRAIN

1/4 cup skim milk

1 cup pecans pieces

1 large Lite Cool Whip

2 Low Fat Graham Cracker Crusts

Mix pudding, milk, softened cream cheese, and pineapple.

Stir in cool whip and pecans.

Pour into 2 graham cracker crusts

Needs to chill over night so they will set up good.

If you go to http://www.cooks.com you will find several recipes for this type of thing. I'm sure you will find something that will suit your needs. Good luck!

Type Quaker Oats into your search engine and go about half way down the page to Quaker Oats Kitchen. When you get there in the upper left corner is the place to search by catagory. Select Bars and check out their many offerings and see if what you want is there. Even if it is not there I would bet you will find some that you would be interested in.

They also offer (I can't remember the exact location, but it isn't hard to find) offerings for diabetics.

Hope this will be helpful.

Thank you all for sending in your responses and recipes, when I requested the one for cereal bars. I found it and will share with you. It was by Harlean from Arkansas. Thank you very much Harlean on ThriftyFun.

Susan, this link has a pretty good recipe. I substitute unsweetened apple sauce for the butter and left the eggs out. I also used whole wheat flour. The bars are very chewy. http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe ... al%20cereal%20bars&rsc=header_10

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingSeptember 10, 2007
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?
Raspberry Bar Cookies
Bar Cookie Recipes