Paint Top and Bottom Cabinets Different Colors

If you happen to be re-doing your kitchen cabinets, try using 2 different colors for the upper and lower cabinets. Try using a light color for the top cabinets and a darker color for the bottom. Using a darker color on the bottom with ground the cabinets and having a lighter color for the top cabinets will make them feel less bulky. The high contrast will create a clean and sleek look for your kitchen.

Bottom cabinets: Suggested Material Options -Mahogany Wood, Chocolate Brown Laminate, or Chocolate Brown Paint.

Top cabinets: Suggested Material Options - White Painted Wood, White Laminate, White with Glass Fronts, Aluminum, or Faux Aluminum Laminate (Wilsonart or Laminart Laminates have good faux metals)

By Cleveland480 from Cleveland, OH

Love it!. Am going to use the same colors for our kitchen. I have been trying to come up with a color for our outdated cupboards without having to replace the white counters, which are still in good shape. Now I know what I am going to do. Brown and White. Thanks !

Brilliant! This looks fabulous- and what a lovely big kitchen.

Marg from England.

I am sorry but I don't care for it! Too much white everything on top blends in together! To me it looks like the walls, cabinets and appliances are all white. But each to his own thats what makes the world go around. :)

This is a simple, but wonderful idea! It doesn't matter if you would choose the color scheme or not, it is just a great idea and looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Photos Home ImprovementJanuary 11, 2011
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets