Oven Racks Roughen By Cleaning Cycle

The last time I used the self-cleaning controls on my oven, I forgot to remove the oven racks. Now the surface of the racks is not as smooth and it's difficult to slide the racks in and out. Is there anything I can do to restore the surface?

By Lois from Midwest

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Take a plastic scrubbie and scrub as it if were steel wool or sand paper. The plastic will not scratch. I always leave my racks in. Then wipe down the whole inside of the stove with vinegar and baking soda/dish soap water. Picks up the residue.

Rub wax paper on the racks. Rub the side areas of the racks, where the racks slide into the side grooves, especially well. Your racks will now glide smoothly!

I wipe the edges of the racks and the support for the racks with cooking spray or cooking oil. Spray/apply oil onto a paper towel and wipe thoroughly. This usually lasts until the next time I have to clean the oven.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ranges & OvensJune 27, 2010
Brownies overflowing on oven rack and bottom
Cleaning Oven Racks
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Empty wood wine rack.
Uses for Wine Racks
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 27, 2017 at 12:29:16 PM on 10.0.1.100 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.