Understanding the Papers for an Uncontested Divorce

My husband sent me divorce papers, uncontested, and there was nothing for me to sign. What do I do; what does this mean?

By Lisa

I suggest you contact an attorney in your area. I suspect they can give you better advice than us. If you do a search of past discussions on divorce, I've seen recommendations for legal advice if short on funds. Best of luck!

An uncontested divorce simply means that you and he have nothing to fight over. That is your first blessing.

https://encrypted.google.com/#hl=en ... c9fee8a0a41&biw=1680&bih=965

Here is the google search you can use to help. Also, books are available at the library and here on line to help you understand the process. If you don't have much money, legal aid "might" be able to help you.

You are in for a bump, but it's not a ditch. Keep your chin up and you will be fine. Hang in there.

Torn Photo of Happy Couple
Divorce Tips
Business and Legal Legal DivorceJuly 16, 2011
Cabinet with Multi-colored Hanging Files
Organizing Important Papers
Bassett Hound lying down and looking up
Pets and Divorce
Rolled up divorce decree with pen on legal pad
Spouse Won't Sign Divorce Papers
Visitation Rights
Visitation Rights After Divorce - Questions and Answers