Keep Cut Flowers Longer

To keep your freshly picked flowers alive longer, add sugar. Add 1/2 tsp sugar for every cup of water.

By Joshua from Rock Creek, OH

April 8, 2010 Flag

My husband bought me flowers for our wedding anniversary. However, they didn't give him any food for the flowers. Is there anything I can use to keep them alive a bit longer?

By WickedDiam0nd

Answers:

Keeping Cut Flowers

I use the bleach too, by itself. You can also put an aspirin in the water, one without the enteric coating. The bleach and the aspirin keeps the water from bacteria growing. That's the secret. When you change the water, make sure you retrim the stems at an angle. This has always worked for me! Flowers last a much longer time.

(06/05/2009)

By msjany

RE: Keeping Cut Flowers

June 5, 2009 Flag

To make cut flowers last longer, put them in a solution of equal parts warm water and lemon-lime soda plus a teaspoon of bleach. Be sure to cut stems on an angle.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

To keep cut flowers fresh a little longer, add a solution of 2 drops of house hold bleach, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1 quart water to the vase.

By Cindy

Making Your Cut Flowers Last Longer, Red Roses in a Vase
Making Your Cut Flowers Last Longer
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 8, 2010
Displaying Cut Flowers Outside
Displaying Cut Flowers Outside
Red amaranth flowers.
Growing Amaranth
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Cut Flowers
Displaying Cut Flowers
🎉
🎄