Funky Flower Gel Bamboo Plant or Candle Gift

I was at a discount store and found 4 packages of flower gel for $1. Then I went to the dollar store and bought a tall 3 inch square clear glass vase for $1. I headed over to the grocery store where they sell Bamboo Plant Stems for about $1 each for small ones.

I added water to the gel pack, then placed what I needed in the tall vase and placed the bamboo stems in there. It looks like something you'd buy for a LOT more money. I tied Raffia around it for gift giving. The flower gel was orange and I thought it looked really great with the bamboo. I was only able to find orange, but if you can find different colours you can also make layers of various ones.

*Most gel packages make about 1 litre of gel and I hear it is good for making plants last longer. Best to use with distilled water and the gel is usually bio-degradable. It's best to use the following plants only: bamboo, herbage, arrowroot, amaryllis, palm, dasheen, and fleshy-plants. (plants who can grow in darkness). Because I didn't use the entire package of gel for this, the gift cost me under $4 to make!

Other Ideas: Instead of plants you can place a candle in there as well (for decorative purposes only). I've also seen beautiful seashells mixed with blue gel and votive candles on top:

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

I love my lucky bamboo plant. I did mine a little differently. I used river rocks ($1.00 at the dollar store), & one of the short square vases from the $1.00 store. It would look festive with the colored gel. I found that my bamboo does fine up here with New England tap water, but when I lived in the South, my bamboo plant needed bottled water. The tap water down there killed it quickly. Next year I might make everyone a lucky bamboo plant gift. Good idea.

Holidays and Parties Gifts PlantsDecember 15, 2008
Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
fabric rolls
Using Bamboo Fabric
Bamboo
Selling Bamboo
Growing Lucky Bamboo
Growing "Lucky Bamboo"
🎄