Browsing: Homemade Outdoor Christmas Decorations

Wire Outdoor Christmas Tree

The lighted Christmas decorations for your yard can be pretty expensive but here is a way to decorate with little money. Take your tomato cages from your garden, clean with the hose and then tie the tops together with electrical tape. Get yourself one 50 light set and run it up and down around your cone. Attach with baggie ties. Clustered together these look beautiful and simple. When Christmas is over you can disassemble and use your tomato cages over again. Or since this is the end of the gardening season you might find some on Clearance that you can set aside for just this use.

By Debra in CO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Excellent Idea! Do you have any more?

Wow! That's really a great idea! Some of the things people think of! Wish I were more creative! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reminding me of this one! I have four tomatoe cages just waiting for some lights! Thanks a bunch Debra! :) Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Jennifer CA

I took mine and wrapped it with the small green garland and then added the lights. Had it on my deck and it looked great.

A twig star outside in the snow.
Homemade Outdoor Christmas Decorations
Crafts Christmas DecorationsOctober 29, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Outdoor Wire Reindeer
Reusing Outdoor Wire Christmas Decorations
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:03:05 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.