Ridding Lawn of Ant Hills

Any ideas on how to get rid of ant hills in the lawn? This year my Mom and I both have really bumpy lawns, and we both seem to have been overrun with ants. I would like to be as natural as possible. I have tried hot water but they just seemed to come back.

hellybelly17 from Leicestershire, England

Try hot soapy water. Dish wash soap works.

Sharon Martin

Canada

Pour aspertame down the ant hills. Ant's hate the stuff and it should get rid of them.

Put your used coffee grounds on the ant hills and they will leave.

Have i the answer for you. All those empty plastic bottle tops will come in handy with this recipe.

In a bowl mix equal parts of baking soda and icing sugar.

Fill the tops with the mixture, and place in the garden so it's flush with the soil.

That's it.

The mixture will do the trick. You see the ants will eat the mixture then die from being bloted from the baking soda.

The mixture must stay dry so if it rains you will have to start over.

Good luck.

I have had real good luck with corn meal. Just sprinkle it around the mound and they eat it. Then they get liquid which swells the cornmeal and they die. Good Luck.

I use cleanser, like Comet or Ajax. Sprinkle it around the hole.

I tried everything: bleach, ammonia full strength. They disappeared and came back again. However, I tried full strength white vinegar. The haven't returned. It has been years now.

Give grits a try. Wait for a day that it won't rain. Sprinkle dry grits around the ant hill. The worker ants will come out, and take this to their queen as food. She will consume the grits, they will swell, and she will die. No queen, no workers.

Hope this helps.

Karen

A product called Amdro, sprinkled according to directions on label around each mound. Another product from Gardens Alive garden supplies online, called pic liquid ant killer. You drop these products in line of active ants, work perfectly and in the same manner. Each one is eaten or carried back to the queen(s) by the worker ants. Within a few days, (be very patient),the queen dies and the whole colony is destroyed, never to return. Unless you miss a mound, or stir the ants up first with a board or stick and scatter a few that may start another colony in a new location. If not, you can rest assured that these two products from two different mfgs. Do indeed work exactly as described, except on carpenter ants. That's an ant of a different color/story, and requires professional treatment every three months for two years. This is what the exterminator said where I used to work. God bless and help you. : )

Ant Hill in Forest
Getting Rid of Ant Hills
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlAugust 29, 2007
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎄