Recycle Waste Water in Your Garden

I try to use every usable drop of water on the grounds of both cost to the environment and plain old cost to my pocket! Now that I have started eating my homegrown salad again I did a little experiment last weekend. Every time I washed fruit and vegetables or used the salad spinner I put the 'dirty' water into a bucket. I was really shocked when by the end of the day the 2 gallon bucket was almost full! As I don't use any pesticides or artificial fertilizer I was perfectly happy to reuse the water to irrigate the garden. Its a win-win situation!

By Mrs. Christmas from Slovenia, EU

It really is sad to see just how much water we do waste. Two thumbs up on your conservation. I just love your name.

woman watering in her garden
Using Greywater in the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening ConservationJune 22, 2010
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Drip Irrigation System Watering Flowers
Installing a Drip Irrigation System
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Cooking eggs in hot water.
Reusing Cooking Water