Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Guinea Pig Won't Eat or Drink

hi my guinea pig won't eat, drink, or stand up. I think he has really bad constipation. It's too late to go to our local vet! What should I do? He's really sick, he has been like this for about 4 hours.

By iluvdawnie from Ireland

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Thomas10/08/2009

I think it will not live long and if it is too late and it's temperature is cold then it's body is shutting down and if it's old and not eating or drinking I would say wrap it in a blanket for some last moments!
Best of luck with your guinea pig -Technoboy24

By Robyn Fed [388]05/05/2009

I would find the emergency vet clinic in your area and ask what to do about the situation. It might not have very long to live. I would make it comfortable, don't pick it up since it is probably in pain and let nature take it's course, and leave it in the hands of it's creator. If it is meant to be it will live until the next time you can get it to a vet. I hope all goes well for you and your little dear. Don't worry, leave it in God's hands and do your best. Blesings, Robyn