Olive Oil Bottle For Dish Soap

This started out as a treat for myself but has really turned into a money saver. The kitchen sink area became more "elegant" once I purchased a bottle with spout designed for use with cooking oil. I have done this for years, purchasing liquid soap, squeezing it into the bottle and then hiding the unsightly squeeze bottle under the sink for a future refill. The spout is smaller so you cannot overdo the soap. Pretty and a real $$ saver!

By Trisha from Ventura CA

I really like this idea, and I think putting someones name on it would be great too, thanks, now I will be looking for the perfect bottle to match my kitchen apple theme thanks!

February 3, 2010 Flag

Use an olive oil bottle for your dish soap. I originally did this for a decorative touch but soon found out that it was a money saver as well! You will be amazed at how much less dish soap you actually need and use without having to water it down. I probably only need to purchase dish soap 2-3 times a year instead of every 1-2 months!

By Shelley from Vallejo, CA

Olive Oil Bottle For Dish Soap

How will I know which bottle has the "by the drip" spout before buying it? I suppose I might be able to open those that aren't sealed? Good idea to try. I'm for anything that reduces waste and spending. God bless you. : ) (06/15/2007)

By Lynda

Olive Oil Bottle For Dish Soap

I keep a decorated vottle with a wine spout on it for liquid diswashing detergent in it on my sink. It is handy for quick clean-ups, handwashing and it does save on the product. I fill my bottle with a funnel. (06/16/2007)

By WandaJo

hands washing a cup
Saving Money on Dish Soap
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesFebruary 3, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps