Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Wedding Party Wearing Jeans, Dress Shirts and Boots

Would it be tacky if my wedding party wore blue jeans, a dress shirt and boots? While I am in my wedding dress and boots, my groom will be wearing blue jeans boots and a white pearl snap shirt.

Jennifer from Gladewater, TX

By

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Wedding Party Wearing Jeans, Dress Shirts and Boots

Would it be tacky if my wedding party wore blue jeans, a dress shirt, and boots? While I am in my wedding dress and boots, my groom will be wearing blue jeans, boots, and a white pearl snap shirt.

Jennifer from Gladewater, TX

RE: Wedding Party Wearing Jeans, Dress Shirts and Boots

I don't think it would be tacky at all. It is your big day you need to make it fun for you and your soon to be husband. Don't worry about everyone else. (02/05/2008)

By dpcw

I knew someone who had a small private church wedding with a white dress, just immediate family. She then had a reception the next day that was a Hoedown! It was in a barn, everyone was in country attire. The bride wore a white cowboy hat and a white Western skirt. They had gambling tables set up, a DJ playing music (mostly country, but some other dance hits too), food, beer, and line dancing.

She served up shots instead of champagne for the toast. Guests had a choice of Goldschlager (with the gold flakes in it) or whiskey. It was totally original and all the guests had a fabulous time.

If you are going to do this, make sure your locale is appropriate to casual attire. If you are going to be in a church and all your guests are dressed up for a traditional wedding, it might feel awkward. But if your guests are prepared, they are sure to have a wonderful time at your wedding. (02/05/2008)

By jess

It's your wedding! You can do as you please. I am old but a serious maverick so I encourage getting away from the "norm", whatever that is. Go for it and send some pics. And remember the ceremony isn't all that important, but your love for each other and how long you stay together is. (02/05/2008)

By MartyD

Hey, just call it a cowboy wedding or something like it and you will be making a fashion statement! I went to a very nice wedding like that and they had a BBQ and we all dressed up "Western". It was great fun. (02/05/2008)

By pamphyila

Jennifer, by all means do what makes you and your groom happy and it's certainly not tacky (at least in our part of the world) lol. I helped a young lady from Tyler plan her's along this line last year and everyone so enjoyed themselves. The rehearsal dinner kinda set the mood and let the families meet each other in a comfortable, relaxed setting. She rented a local hall and we had it decked out with haybales, red checkered table clothes and catered a BBQ dinner that was wonderful. The wedding day was a sea of Wranglers, boots and black Stetsons (and I heard no women complain, not even Grandma). And with an abundance of roses in your area, you'd be surprised what you can do with tulle, bandanas and roses as far as decorations go. It was definitely a memorable wedding in my book. Just remember to do what you want to do and don't worry what everyone else thinks! (02/06/2008)

By fldame

Sounds great to me too. Be sure to let the guests know it's a blue jean, dressy top wedding. Some may want to come in a blue jean skirt which would be fitting too. I think all weddings should be like that, comfy and fun yet dressy with a real cute, fancy top. Have fun. (02/07/2008)

By Lily May

My brother-in-law just got married to the best "sister" I could ask for. Their wedding was held at a softball field! She wore a "white" softball jersey outfit and he wore "black". All of us got to wear whatever we wanted and it was the best wedding I have ever attended. Their theory was to make themselves comfortable so they could focus on each other :) (02/07/2008)

By SweetCali40

My friend did the same thing. The guys wore new black jeans and cowboy boots and black tux jackets. They too did a western theme and it was really fun! (02/07/2008)

By Phyllis

Just don't do something you may regret years from now when you look at the pictures. I almost had a Miami Vice themed wedding in the 80's and my fiance begged me to look into the future, that stopped me. I had an inexpensive and traditional wedding. If you use bales for seating, I think you are already locked into this theme. Also be aware that it not just your wedding, it belongs to both families and you don't want to start the union with angry relatives. (02/08/2008)

By kibby

Just be sure to put a boot cleaner out front, and tell those cowpokes to use it! I think the hoedown is a great idea. Have you thought about making barbed wire wreaths and putting candles in the middle? They'd make cool centerpieces. If you're having a money tree, consider using a branch of sagebrush. Have a wonderful time! (02/08/2008)

By coreenhart

Love it! Make sure to stay to the side of dressy and not "costume-y." For our wedding my husband and his party wore kilts, but remained in the formal kilt attire so that it didn't look like we were trying to do a medieval themed wedding/costume party/etc. Do some research online to modern day weddings that have a western theme, but also look at older pictures from the pioneer and wagon driving days and see if anything the women wore strikes your fancy (hair styles, jewelry, perhaps even shirt style) and make their outfits really meaningful. (02/09/2008)

By Kelly

First of all, it is your wedding. Do as you please. I wore a white and silver western dress and heels and my husband wore black jeans, boots, and hat, and a white tuxedo shirt with a black cowboyish tie thing (forgot what they are called). It turned out great. I didn't have attendants, but the one who gave me away dressed just like the groom and the pics look great. Have fun with it! (02/11/2008)

By suzi_homemaker01

it would be nice if the men wore tuxedo jackets and bolo ties. And that's a Texas tuxedo! I've been to high-society weddings and smaller as well. Quite acceptable, in Texas anyway. Good luck! (03/12/2008)

By mjillw

Try this great website: weddingbelleblues.com

They have a whole line of wedding jeans. (08/03/2008)