Ice Forming in Bottom on Icemaker Storage Bin

I have a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator, about 7 years old. I am having trouble with the icemaker, it makes ice cubes, but somehow there is ice forming in the bottom of the ice tray.

Is there possibly water overflowing in the icemaker? Could it have anything to do with the refrigerator water filter being clogged? I have noticed that the water flow has gone way down at the water dispenser.

Please advise on how to fix the icemaker problem.

By Bandita123 from Portland, OR

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I just had this problem with my Amana. I cleaned the condenser coils under the fridge. It was caked with dust and pet hair and cleaning it solved the problem!

Refrigerator Ice Maker
Ice Maker Water is Overflowing
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJuly 25, 2010
Icemaker Ice
Icemaker Not Dumping Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
fridge
Icemaker Overfills the Ice Bin
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:40:07 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.