When you get that awful rash due to heat, add about 1/4 cup of bleach to your bath water and it will amaze you how fast it works. Usually over night.
By DCW816 from Hampton, TN
I am sorry but this is not a good idea! :-( Chlorine bleach is highly toxic! Have you thought about the possible long term health effects soaking in it and breathing it while you're sitting in warm water can cause? And do you know that even using bar soap or liquid soap while sitting in this water can potentially cause dangerous and deadly fumes?
Soaking in simple Epsom Salts is a far better safe choice!
Deeli is going a bit overboard on her reaction. The poster only recommended using 1/4 cup in a bath tub full of water.
But I do agree with the principle of what Deeli is saying. Bleach is definitely not a good idea. A better idea would be simply soaking in cool water, maybe adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to make it more soothing.
If it's truly a heat rash, the pain and itch will be gone almost instantly, and the rash itself should be gone by morning. If not, one or two more cool soakiing baths will definitely have it gone.
If the rash is not totally gone within 12 hours then it may not be from heat and you should consult your doctor.
Sorry, Cricket, but I am not in any way being a bit overboard!
Chlorine is defined by the EPA as a pesticide, whose sole purpose is to kill living organisms, and that the chlorine problem is similar to that of air pollution.
Breast cancer, which now effects one in every eight women in North America, has recently been linked to the accumulation of chlorine compounds in the breast tissue.
Two thirds of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation, steam inhalation and skin absorption. A warm bath or shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows for accelerated absorption of chlorine and other chemicals in water.
Chlorine vapors are known to be a strong irritant to the sensitive tissue and bronchial passages inside our lungs and was used as a chemical weapon (Mustard Gas) in World War I.
The inhalation of chlorine is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children, which has increased 300% in the last two decades.
Have you ever gone swimming in a chlorinated pool? Thats basically bleach. And most childcare facilities are required to use diliuted bleach to clean toys. It's really not a big deal. Its not ideal, but its widely accepted.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!